Sunday, July 12, 2009

caving trip

The mountains in the Shlomi - Hanita area up North are rich with caves and breathtaking views. We made the mistake being too easy with the prep. instructions with two new girls. They came with crocs... One of them was a real panther, though.


View Larger Map

The Keshet cave was a bit of a disappointment, the concrete access trail, wheelchair standard. Salomon, Northface, Timberland, Deuter and other equipment kinda looked funny on this background.Next was Namer cave. We missed the entrance (we were warned about that but not about the next thing), and continued in a deep valley below a thick blanket of tall trees. The valley was full wrecks, cars and even heavy truck parts. I later discovered that I turned the group around just a couple of hundred meters from the Lebanon border...It took some guesses which of other caves is Namer cave, and finally we found the one. You have to crowl several meters first, to get into a chain of cavities in the rock.



If I was to pick what else to do instead of taking a girl on a "regular" date, going in a cave together would definitely be one of the best options.

2 comments:

Michael Ivnitsky said...

did a full CAVEity search insue?
taking a girl on a first date to a cave is soooo serial killer

Costa said...

right, it is. :)
But they always trust me, they'd go almost anywhere

I'll change that to "going on a hike" (I've done that several times before by the way) or do anything different from the usual dating or wine-dine-69 that people talk about.